sky q self set up ?

wheaters64

Novice Member
Reaction score
hi is it possible to use a second hand sky q box on a sky + dish (change lnb to hybrid ) will it work with the card from sky + subscription ? speaking to a guy in the pub said he did it ,i dont think it will be possible just to settle an argument ,thanks in advance

No, I doubt it would work.
The card is tied to the Q box and a new card is supplied to customers upgrading from Sky+HD to Sky Q.

I thought it sounded like it would not work.he does tend to make things up. Cheers for prompt reply

Sky Q viewing card suggests that some cards might not need replacing/updating with a Q install. So it's perhaps possible to self install.

But as $ky only rent the boxes to subscribers, and will see the card paired to a Q box serial number via internet authorisation? ...

There are no second hand Q boxes legitimately available - the boxes are Sky's property and should be returned if the contract ends.

Sky do occasionally send deactivation signals to these boxes..

Ah, the guy in the pub syndrome eh! He must be right. They always are. Having said that, had he been a little more informed, hr=e would have known there was no such thing as a second hand Sky Q box.

Sky Q viewing card suggests that some cards might not need replacing/updating with a Q install. So it's perhaps possible to self install.

But as $ky only rent the boxes to subscribers, and will see the card paired to a Q box serial number via internet authorisation? ...
... and it will be become a doorstop. :)

There was a guy posted on the Sky Community forums a couple of months ago bought a "second-hand" mini box and was inquiring if he had a faulty box because it only worked for about a minute.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom