Sky Q screen burn

Ridcully

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing screen burn? I've noticed I have what looks like a burn from the bar on the lower part of the screen which appears during pause, rewind, fast forward. This is on a LG C6 OLED.

You will get screen issues on any oled. Especially having static images on screen for a long time.

You will get screen issues on any oled. Especially having static images on screen for a long time.
Not true!! From the 7 series and onwards screen savers and auto dimming the screen after a certain amount of time reduces the risk of burn in...I have a LG 55B7 oled and have had it for over two years...never had any issues with burn in...use it for mixed content sky Q,gaming and watching 4k Blu-rays,apple 4k tv,netflix and so on...

A lot of people have screen burn on oleds because yours is fine doesn't mean others don't have issues. The newer oldest are a lot better but there is still the chance

There is only a risk if you are careless ie leave a static picture up for hours on end, use high luminance, don't use pixel orbiter etc.

I haven't seen a hint of image retention on my HZ1000, even after watching sky sports for several hours.

It took 4year 10 mths to burn my screen, dam you GMB, bless you John Lewis

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom