Question Sky Q router - Where can I find a longer power lead?

Msungu

Standard Member
I've done a search but I'm not sure!!

I have a Sky Q router which I would like to place in a different position to improve my wifi signal around the house.

My Sky Q router came with a small length of lead attached to the plug. In my house I do not have a mains socket at the point where I would like to locate the router so I need a longer power lead.

Does anyone know of anywhere that might sell such a thing - probably 3m in length?

Many thanks

neilball

If the Sky router uses a “figure 8” IEC C7 mains cable then there are available from any number of places, such as Amazon etc. You can also but rewire-able plugs in the same format to which you can add any length of mains cable.

Msungu

Standard Member
If the Sky router uses a “figure 8” IEC C7 mains cable then there are available from any number of places, such as Amazon etc. You can also but rewire-able plugs in the same format to which you can add any length of mains cable.

Many thanks for your reply.
I've no idea if the router uses a 'figure 8' ICE C7 cable but I will have a look. The second part of your reply looks hopeful so I'll do a search!

Having just had a look - it seems that this is the kind of the thing but I need a longer lead

Amazon product

Last edited:

neilball

In that case then you could simply cut the existing cable and extend it by adding a length of two-core flex in the middle, using choc-block or wago terminals inside in-line terminal block boxes or Wago boxes, as long as you are not too fussy about the way it will look.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Having just had a look - it seems that this is the kind of the thing but I need a longer lead

That's the entire power supply, not just a cable.

You'll need to match the voltage and connector to whatever the current one uses and ensure it has the same or greater capacity (watts).

Msungu

Standard Member
Thanks again - Yes, you are correct, I need a power supply with a longer lead - if such a thing exists!
The extension cable would work (and I have one of those) but it they don't look great laying along the edge of the carpet/wall. I was hoping to hide the cable under the carpet.

MMmmm - I may have to think of a better solution ..............

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom