Sky Q remote will not power off JVC TV

mivec

Standard Member
I have just purchased a JVC 50CA80 and have paired it with my Sky Q touch remote. The remote will operate all normal functions save for switching the TV off. I have tried all manner of settings on the TV and Sky box and also spoken to both Currys (JVC) and Sky all to no avail. When I long press on the remote I get a message on the T V saying do you want to power off or cancel but not not one button on the remote will allow me to select either so I have to use the JVC remote to switch the TV off. In over 30 years with Sky and dozens of TV's this is the first time I have come across this. Would like to know if anyone else has this issue or has found a solution.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Reading the $ky website about this bluetooth remote Sky Help it appears that the 3 sec hold button uses hdmi CEC to power off the TV...

hdmi CEC is flaky at the best of times and in your case it's "not compatible" according to $ky.

Hence the need for an Infra Red command to power off using a different remote?

DO though check through the JVC TV hdmi control settings setup --- it may just be that a power on and/or off control needs enabling in the set?

In all honesty, both Currys Know How and $ky CS should know all this and be able to explain the issue to you clearly if there's no easy solution.

Upvote 0

mivec

Standard Member
Reading the $ky website about this bluetooth remote Sky Help it appears that the 3 sec hold button uses hdmi CEC to power off the TV...

hdmi CEC is flaky at the best of times and in your case it's "not compatible" according to $ky.

Hence the need for an Infra Red command to power off using a different remote?

DO though check through the JVC TV hdmi control settings setup --- it may just be that a power on and/or off control needs enabling in the set?

In all honesty, both Currys Know How and $ky CS should know all this and be able to explain the issue to you clearly if there's no easy solution.
Hi Rodders, thanks for your response but the TV is CEC compatible. when pressing the Sky power off button the TV goes blank and displays the do you want to shut down message which I am unable to answer with the remote and thats the problem. Its a pain having to use two remotes to switch off but anyway thanks again.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom