Sky Q remote volume only adjusts when pointing at sky box

fwokinfwok

Standard Member
I've had Sky Q with My LG OLED TV and Denon receiver set up for years. Just recently, the volume buttons stopped working on the sky Q remote.

I reset the remote and re-paired the remote as per the instructions on the tv on how to pair to a sound system. It works but when I close the door on the media cupboard that houses the Sky Q box, the volume doesn't adjust.

The remote does however change the tv channels when the cupboard door is closed so the bluetooth is working.

Anyone else experienced this..?

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
Change the batteries?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Do you have “HDMI Control” set to “on“ in the Sky Q box settings?
“Home - Settings - Setup - Audio Visual - HDMI control”

jonoro

I thought but maybe wrong, again!
That the Q remote uses bluetooth for all buttons except volume up/down, mute and source select, for these it uses ir. The Q box has no volume control adjustment, or av source select.
But the Q box does have an ir receiver and ir commands for such as channel change from a non-Q remote do work.

fwokinfwok

Standard Member
Yes, HDMI control is set to on.
The volume buttons have worked for years. They've just stopped working unless I open the cupboard door...

JayCee

Distinguished Member
It's the Denon receiver volume that is adjusted with the Sky Q remote, have you moved that to inside the cupboard?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Is it possible the Q remote was actually controlling the TV volume (which was using HDMI control to control the receiver volume) which is why it previously worked with the door closed.

I guess it's easy to check by using your TV remote and seeing if it controls the Denon, if that works configure the Q remote for the TV volume.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom