Answered Sky Q Remote: too slippy?

Eltee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else find their Sky Q remote flying out of their hands on a regular basis or is it just me? The old Sky HD remotes were nice and chunky and had the anti-slip back to them. Has anyone shelled out a tenner for Sky’s silicone Q remote skin and does it make any difference?

I hate how sensitive the play, pause etc buttons are. Only has to be on the couch and it starts rewinding or pausing. So annoying.

Can’t say it’s flown out of my hand though

Yep - I had a silicone skin for my Q touch remote and it was great... Until the dog ate both the skin and remote!

I think there's a business opportunity there - produce bitrex impregnated covers for remote controls.

There's a new version of the touch remote - it's much improved. Also possible to disable touch functionality on it and still be able to use voice search.

I agree with the ridiculous touch sensitivity, I can just about live with that but I like the Bluetooth connectivity.

There's a new version of the touch remote - it's much improved. Also possible to disable touch functionality on it and still be able to use voice search.

Can you adjust and turn off the sensitivity on the old touch remotes or am I right that it’s only on the new remotes?

I’ve seen videos online of where people have adjusted it in the settings but I don’t now have that option in the settings.

Seems you can’t so I have ordered the new V2 touch remote. Sky pop kiosk were offering them for £20.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom