Sky Q recordings only part record and on demand downloads fail

DJNomad

I've just started experiencing my first problems with Sky Q 2TB having had it for roughly two years.

The first thing we noticed was that while watching a recording it would suddenly stop playing and exit the recording back to the screen where we started playing the recording from. Sometimes it will do this multiple times on the same recording, sometimes once per recording and other times a recording will play all the way through.

After this started happening we found recordings are part recording with ‘Software issue’. Playback of those recordings freezes for between 1-3 seconds and then when it continues playing the picture and sound breaks up and it has skipped forward a number of seconds.

Finally, on demand downloads fail with ‘Remote network problem’. On demand downloads also exhibit the playback freezes above.

The HDD sounds louder than normal when reading/writing.

Watching live TV doesn't have any problems.

I've reset the box using 001 to enter the engineer menu. I then performed a software update. The box was quite full with about 93% space used so I've gone through and deleted series that are available as box sets and I have about 67% space used now. I reset the box again after this. All the issues above have continued since the second reset.

I haven't contacted Sky about this yet as I only completed the second reset last night and thought I'd ask on here first.

Any ideas, or is it a case of getting onto Sky now where they are likely to replace the box?

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
By reset do you mean pulled the plug out of the wall?

DJNomad

No, the Reset command in the engineer's Settings menu that you get to by pressing 001 and Select on the remote. I have also unplugged the box for half an hour.

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
If pulling the plug has not fixed it then call Sky.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom