Sky Q recordings not stacking

zt1903

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone encountered this? Series linked programmes are not sitting Ina folder but are instead showing individually. Have tried rebooting the box to no avail. Was bad enough with Eastenders but is getting rather irritating as the missus just recorded a whole series of Keeping up with the Fatassians and it's all over the planner like a rash.

Last edited:
Does it say they are being watched?

I'm getting this nonsense as well - Total PITA.

This has also cropped up on my box in the last month or so!? :(

As a consequence it could be that these downloads have no expiry date. I downloaded Ep 1 Bates Motel way back. It is listed without thumbnail, not stacked and with no expiry date. It is still there and Ep 2 is due to expire today week.

Same here, started about four days ago.

Powered the Q box down, then powered up after a couple of minutes.

Fine now. Thumbnails and stacking are back.

Pulled the power cable? Or is there another way of shutting down.

I tried this still not working, also tried an update to the software as well as changing to Eco mode.

Switched power off at the mains switch.

The new recordings after the power on/off had the thumbnails. Recording prior to the power on/off still remained without.

I have the same thing. Works fine on new ones after reboot. Got to be a firmware issue surely

I have the same problem with my box and it's a right PITA. Just had a look at the Sky Community Forum where people, self included now, are complaining about this issue and where I have been advised that, because not everyone has the problem, it's not easy to fix.

So much for Sky's premium service.

Martin.

It seemed to fix itself a few weeks ago but now its back with a vengeance ... makes the recordings a nightmare to find

Getting pretty sick of this with Q ... i'm already on my 2nd box - 1st kept locking up
Not happy considering the price

I had the problem a while back but its alright now.

Mine is back at it again today. Recordings have no thumbnail and not stacking.

Same, its absolutely doing my head in. For a premium service the CS is terrible.

If you read through the thread on the sky forum it appears to be metadata related (from Sky server end). So frustrating - our 8 year old is really struggling as his programmes are not linking and because they don't have the correct thumbnail he can't quickly identify where his programmes are.

I've done the box reset with no luck - i'm unsure if there is anyway to roll the firmware back to the previous version on the box?

Latest firmware that is being rolled out is supposed to help fix this. They also say that more work needs to be done on the backend to completely resolve the problem but hopefully the new firmware will help

Tentatively this appears to be fixed for me now. Had a solid 5 days of no issues.

How is everyone else getting on?
Thanks

Had not thought about it recently so must be working again.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom