LexLoofah

Hi Folks, just wanted to start a thread regarding HDR dropping out on Sky Q. The issue occurs multiple times through films, through live F1 and recorded F1. The HDR drops out leaving a very muted and washed out picture, much worse than just the SDR picture.

Tried multiple HDMI cables, from Chord, Audioquest, certified 48Gbps cables, all do the same.

TV is Samsung 55Q95T, if we could gather a list of TV's that are doing the same thing maybe it will help Sky (or Samsung if its only our sets) to fix the really irritating issue.

Thanks 👍

cuke2u

I've had a dropout once this weekend, in f1 quali, don't watch any other sport. It's on a Samsung Q90R tv, quite simple to restore it though...

Countjedi

I have had the issue for a few years on and off with Sky Q on HD and UHD via my AV amp, it’s been ok for the last few months but I would say in the last 2 weeks it’s started again.

When it happens I switch to stereo which seems ok with no drop out, but for the money you would hope this would be resolved due to my understanding it’s a software issue

However I have no issues with the multi room box that I have set up via a Av amp.

teeveedee

Samsung TVs seem to have regular issues with Q and its dodgy HDR. I’ve never experienced any HDR dropouts with my 2TB V3 box & Panasonic TV though…

ussjtrunks

It’s not as much an issue with soccer as I’ve only seen it happen the odd time but with F1 since it’s 2 hours straight I’ve seen it drop 2-3 times most races. This really needs to get sorted

cuke2u

No regular issues with my Q90R Samsung...

anticlaus105

I had this watching uhd recording of Spanish gp last Sunday. I've never noticed it before. It kept ditching the hdr randomly and I had to stop and restart the recording to get it back. I've never noticed this before. I hope it's not like the audio dropouts that take years to fix only to regulary resurface.

LexLoofah

I had this watching uhd recording of Spanish gp last Sunday. I've never noticed it before. It kept ditching the hdr randomly and I had to stop and restart the recording to get it back. I've never noticed this before. I hope it's not like the audio dropouts that take years to fix only to regulary resurface.
Hi anticlaus, what TV make and model is this happening on please? Its a real pain this issue, especially with live sport cos your bound to miss something whilst switching channels back and forth. I end up watching the F1 in standard HD cos I CBA to keep flicking back and forth. Movies it passes me off too as it breaks the immersion.

anticlaus105

Sky q v3 2tb and LG 55 b7 oled. It's the first time I noticed it but I probably haven't watch much uhd hdr content on sky recently. Could it have been introduced in recent software update?

LexLoofah

I'm not sure, mines been doing it since day 1. I think I managed to watch a film once without it dropping out. Every other time it drops out, it must have dropped out 7-8 times through each F1 practice session yesterday. When it comes to qualifying and race I just watch in standard HD now, don't want to be faffing around every 10-15 minutes.

cuke2u

I had none whatsoever in either practices.

Zero dropout in fp3 as well..

Last edited:

LexLoofah

I had none whatsoever in either practices.

Zero dropout in fp3 as well..
Hi Cuke how strange, do you think it may have something to do with the satellite signal strength or quality? Just out of interest what do your strength bars show (approx)?

cuke2u

70 90...

cuke2u

I had none again with the, extended, race this pm. Is your SkyQ box connected directly to your tv?

cuke2u

Yes it's directly connected, I didn't watch the race in UHD HDR, I give up on it.
Hopefully Sky will deduce why it is happening randomly with some users...

cuke2u

No dropouts but I forgot the race started earlier so was watching recordings slightly behind the real-time...

Pug72

Happened a couple of times to me yesterday. Simple to sort, channel down to go back to HD F1 channel then the UHD/HDR pop-up appears, press ok and back to it.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Netflix confirms ad-supported option is on the way
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Rotel announces 60th Anniversary Diamond Series Hi-Fi duo
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Paramount+ launches in the UK and Ireland
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Hisense launches A9H 4K OLED TV