Question Sky Q question

gwladok5

Novice Member
I was visiting a friend who had Sky Q installed recently.

I was keen to see the 4k content on his TV but couldn't find any.

My friend didn't know & so I wondered if you had the option of "signing up" to receive 4k content or whether you could continue to use the Sky Q box for basic "non 4k" content?

tickedon

I was visiting a friend who had Sky Q installed recently.

I was keen to see the 4k content on his TV but couldn't find any.

My friend didn't know & so I wondered if you had the option of "signing up" to receive 4k content or whether you could continue to use the Sky Q box for basic "non 4k" content?
In short - yes.

Sky have 2 Sky Q boxes - "Sky Q 1TB" (which is just HD and not 4K) and "Sky Q 2TB" (which can support 4K if you pay for 'Q Experience' as an extra, and this was previously known as 'Sky Q Silver'). I think they called it silver because while both boxes were black, the 2TB box which supports 4K had a silver base (rather than black on the 1TB non-4K box).

The "Sky Q Experience", which enables 4K channels, is currently £13pm extra. Pricing, as always with Sky, varies depending on whatever offers they are promoting at any one time.

Chrisgixer

Sky have done a good job of keeping uhd separate from everything else. It’s not highlighted in the epg Like Hd was on sky plus.
There’s a menu option in the guide marked as uhd under sports or movies or whatever in the menu, or they have a red button option if uhd is available but you won’t know otherwise.

but as said, unless you have the 2tb box you can’t get uhd anyway

Top Bottom