Sky Q pricing and details announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

google

Distinguished Member
I understand that Sky Q will allow access to YouTube, if so I wonder if this will be from the outset? I also wonder if it will let you watch 4k footage from YouTube? Added to that will there be any need for VP9 on the 4k TV to watch the 4K footage?

This might be the only source of 4k footage for a while on Sky Q.

GadgetObsessed

Will Netflix or Amazon (with 4k and HDR) apps be available on Sky Q?

logiciel

:D

MAX1210

How about pricing for existing customers?

raoulx

I'll have to check what I'm paying but sky with the standard chanels don't come with HD nor multi room which are both about a £10er each (or used to be) so adding this ontop of a current sky package going from one room to multiroom is not too bad.. I wonder prices for non sky broadband accounts are and existing customers...

youngsyp

Distinguished Member
No mention of UHD content in there... The only features there I'd actually make use of over what I have now is the greater number of programs that can be recorded. There's a workaround for that though. No mention of hardware costs either. Rather underwhelming really!

I'll just hop up onto this fence...

Paul

youngsyp

Distinguished Member
The prices are mentioned, with and without internet / movies / sport View attachment 674143
so they are. Apologies.

Slightly confused. So I'd go for the Silver bundle with movies but I'm not a Sky BB customer. Does that mean it'll cost £299? If so, they can poke that!

Paul

Pokey800

I read that if you have at least one of movies, sport, or internet then it's the left column. And I'm also assuming you have to sign up for one of those services for a year. So no getting sport for a month then cancelling. Could be wrong. Total guess.

simon194

so they are. Apologies.

Slightly confused. So I'd go for the Silver bundle with movies but I'm not a Sky BB customer. Does that mean it'll cost £299? If so, they can poke that!

Paul
It will be £299 if you don't take Sky BB. I guess they are trying to tempt people to switch to Sky broadband.

youngsyp

Distinguished Member
It will be £299 if you don't take Sky BB. I guess they are trying to tempt people to switch to Sky broadband.
Yes that's my understanding, not that they make it particularly clear. There's an 'or' or two in the wrong place...
It would take a lot more than a £200 discount to get me to switch to Sky BB though. Been there done that!
It'll be interesting to see how their initial sales pan out with that pricing structure.

Paul

simsini

But the image says and/or Sports/Movies. Surely as long as you have one of those you are ok for the lower price.

simon194

"Just £42 a month...."

And thats just for the basic package!! You people live on another planet!
Mind you if like me and have the full package with one multiroom box, going for the Q silver bundle with 1 mini, it only costs and extra £1 a month.

Also as the box is rented there's no call out charge when things go wrong.

simon194

But the image says and/or Sports/Movies. Surely as long as you have one of those you are ok for the lower price.
Oops! Missed that one. :facepalm:

davidm

I have read that if you have one of Sky Broadband, Movies, Sport you get it at the lower price.

No way I am paying £299. As an existing customer I also believe there is an additional £50 install fee. Saw that from a different report.

Status
Not open for further replies.