Sky Q poor picture quality - HELP

I get the hdr logo when watching a hdr movie on sky or hdr content on Netflix. Well on sky it actually says HLG HDR whatever that means.
Hybrid Log Gamma -just the type of HDR that Sky use, it also enables SDR viewing of the source.

I get the hdr logo when watching a hdr movie on sky or hdr content on Netflix. Well on sky it actually says HLG HDR whatever that means.
I get the logo on my tv app netflix but thats not the skyQ subscription, I don't have sky movies ot sport so sont know about whether it works on those or not. I have ultimate package that on my bill says I have hd sub and ultra hd free

What Netflix account do you have? is it billed separately or via Sky?

What Netflix account do you have? is it billed separately or via Sky?
I have it free with my sky package, we upgraded to skyQ in February this year from sky+hd..19 yes vip customer. My brother has a non sky sub and that has 4k hdr because I tried it on my LG cx app..also getting blue screen hdcp issue from skyQ to the tv

I get the logo on my tv app netflix but thats not the skyQ subscription, I don't have sky movies ot sport so sont know about whether it works on those or not. I have ultimate package that on my bill says I have hd sub and ultra hd free
I have Netflix through my sky subscription.

I have it free with my sky package, we upgraded to skyQ in February this year from sky+hd..19 yes vip customer. My brother has a non sky sub and that has 4k hdr because I tried it on my LG cx app..also getting blue screen hdcp issue from skyQ to the tv
If it's via Sky and "free" as you say, then check you have a premium Netflix account.

Netflix via the Sky Q app outputs HDR10, as do the Prime and Disney+ apps on Sky Q. HLG is used on Sky Cinema movies and on Sky's original HDR content.
If you have a TV capable of Dolby Vision then you should definitely use the in-built apps to get the best HDR experience.

If it's via Sky and "free" as you say, then check you have a premium Netflix account.
I am messaging them about something else..discovery+ app so will find out, but from reading on skyQ sites it says for premium you just need to be subscribed to HD and ultra Hd

Netflix via the Sky Q app outputs HDR10, as do the Prime and Disney+ apps on Sky Q. HLG is used on Sky Cinema movies and on Sky's original HDR content.
If you have a TV capable of Dolby Vision then you should definitely use the in-built apps to get the best HDR experience.
I use the Oled lg cx apps for those but netflix is my brothers and shared between 5 of us, I think premium is only 4 screens so if all are using it someone won't get in..why the sky one would be handy

I am messaging them about something else..discovery+ app so will find out, but from reading on skyQ sites it says for premium you just need to be subscribed to HD and ultra Hd
Indeed. I have the HD and UHD pack along with the Ultimate TV Add-on which gives me Netflix premium. But Sky are never straightforward with these things so getting in touch with them directly to clarify your own position is a good idea.

Have you got discovery+..? I got it free for a year ..its v good but having an issue where if your watching a box set after a few episodes I get a black screen while its running the end credits, have to press backup and its lost its place..annoying if your not following which episode your on 😀😀

Yes I do - the same free for a year deal with Sky Q. I gave up on it though as the app is just a bug-ridden mess. Sky don't seem too keen on fixing all of Q's issues in a hurry though!

Yes I do - the same free for a year deal with Sky Q. I gave up on it though as the app is just a bug-ridden mess. Sky don't seem too keen on fixing all of Q's issues in a hurry though!
From what I heard sky don't make the app for the box , owned by discovery and sky put it on the apps..I've emailed discovery+ a few times they are quick to reply...LG doesn't do the discovery app yet so can't yse the tv apps for it

Yeah, I gave up on it too, it's pants.

Just logged into my sky Netflix on my tablet and it says my plan is premium ultra hd
In which case you should get HDR / DV via the TV app. If you are not, perhaps you should ask on the LG OLED thread, it may be a TV settings issue?

In which case you should get HDR / DV via the TV app. If you are not, perhaps you should ask on the LG OLED thread, it may be a TV settings issue?
My tv app does but thats logged into my brothers premium account ..the one on the skyQ is a free one I got with my package but logged into the sky box app that has 4k ultra but not getting 4k ultra on that app for some reason .wondering if the box is faulty because i get the handshake blue screen error

My tv app does but thats logged into my brothers premium account ..the one on the skyQ is a free one I got with my package but logged into the sky box app that has 4k ultra but not getting 4k ultra on that app for some reason .wondering if the box is faulty because i get the handshake blue screen error
You only have one Netflix account, it doesn't matter who is billing you. Obviously you need to logged into your account on the App to use it though, as well as logged into the Sky app if you wish to use that as well.

I'm not clear what your issue is ? UHD ? HDR? Sky Q? Please be specific about what you are asking, and include how your kit is connected up.

You only have one Netflix account, it doesn't matter who is billing you. Obviously you need to logged into your account on the App to use it though, as well as logged into the Sky app if you wish to use that as well.

I'm not clear what your issue is ? UHD ? HDR? Sky Q? Please be specific about what you are asking, and include how your kit is connected up.
Yes skyQ mine is 4k ultra and the netflix logged into the skyaq box app is premium 4k uhd but the sky app isn't giving me it. The other account is seperate not mine but my brothers and that is on the tv app which I do get hdr , dolby vision etc on but it has 4 screens with 6 users so sometimes need to use the skyQ app

Yes skyQ mine is 4k ultra and the netflix logged into the skyaq box app is premium 4k uhd but the sky app isn't giving me it. The other account is seperate not mine but my brothers and that is on the tv app which I do get hdr , dolby vision etc on but it has 4 screens with 6 users so sometimes need to use the skyQ app
Yes. but to be clear - are you getting UHD on other Sky programmes ? Is it only Netflix you are not getting UHD on? How is your Sky box connected to the TV?

Yes. but to be clear - are you getting UHD on other Sky programmes ? Is it only Netflix you are not getting UHD on? How is your Sky box connected to the TV?
No not getting uhd on anything else from the box though its set to 2160 ultra ha 10 bit..its going direct into Hdmi 1 with the high speed cable sky provide. Deep colour is on in picture settings

No not getting uhd on anything else from the box though its set to 2160 ultra ha 10 bit..its going direct into Hdmi 1 with the high speed cable sky provide. Deep colour is on in picture settings
Is your HDMI 1 port enabled for 4K? What happens when you try and watch a (non -Netflix) UHD programme?

Is your HDMI 1 port enabled for 4K? What happens when you try and watch a (non -Netflix) UHD programme?
Fixed the Netflix issue but still to try discovery+ sky told me to go into the sky service menu and select refresh apps..getting hdr on Netflix now

Fixed the Netflix issue but still to try discovery+ sky told me to go into the sky service menu and select refresh apps..getting hdr on Netflix now
I know this is an old thread now but did you not say that you had your Sky Q box replaced and did not make any difference? I find that the Sky Q picture is softer compared to watching the same channel on freesat on the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom