Sky Q poor picture quality - HELP

So I've activated 2160p 10 bit on Sky Q settings and downloaded a documentry Sky themselves say is HDR.

Firstly I would say the picture quality is good HD at best but also it doesn't say anything about HDR.....please see screenshot

View attachment 1447433

Does this mean I have an old version Q box? If so, do the newer boxes provide a clearer, more defined picture?

Should it display HDR when pressing info?
To test if you can receive HDR (HLG) from the Sky box, set the box to 2160p 10-bit. Then find the program Battle of the Alphas. Make sure the format shows UHD HDR and download an episode You should get HDR. I recently watched season 1 and it is in UHD/HDR. Looks good too.

The box you have can do HDR. o there should be no problem. Another thing is that there are a lot of UHD only programs. Also, some programs with HDR can be listed as just UHD. What I do is when I find a program in UHD, I do a search for it and check All formats to make sure it's UHD or UHD/HDR. Sky Cinema is a good one for just giving you UHD when the movie is actually UHD/HDR.

But to get HDR, you have to be set to 2160p 10-bit or you will only see UHD. The box needs to see that the TV is HDR compatible to show the content in HDR. The other thing, your TV may be able to upscale better then the Sky Q box. So set it to 1080i unless you are watching or downloading something in UHD.

As for Netflix, use the TV app and not the box app.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom