Sky Q - only Dolby digital

ellchester

For some reason my new Sky Q box is only playing in Dolby Digital through my Yamaha 2060. I have Dolby digital plus selected in the Sky Q menu and everything else connected to the Yamaha works with Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, UHD player etc but not the Sky Q box. I have tried watching some of the UHD content on Q but still only in basic Dolby Digital. Anyone have any ideas?

bumpymark

Hi mate,not all uhd films have atmos,i had same problem,go into the sky cinema on your q box and find a film in uhd it will tell you on the description if its in dolby atmos,i watched the latest godzilla film yesterday,that was in 4k uhd with atmos soundtrack which played fine through my kit,hope this helps.
For some reason my new Sky Q box is only playing in Dolby Digital through my Yamaha 2060. I have Dolby digital plus selected in the Sky Q menu and everything else connected to the Yamaha works with Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, UHD player etc but not the Sky Q box. I have tried watching some of the UHD content on Q but still only in basic Dolby Digital. Anyone have any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom