SKY Q On Demand Alterative Recorder

morsey

Standard Member
Looking to ditch Sky and buy either a Freeview or Freesat recorder.

I've never had a freesat recorder and the last time we had a freeview recorder was 12 years ago.

The most useful functionality of the Sky Q box I find in our household is the ability to download a TV program after its been broadcast (if we've forgotten to record) and then be able to skip any adverts if its a non BBC programme.

Does a Freeview or Freesat recorder offer a similar type of functionality as the Sky Q box? I'm aware that's its possible to pay a subscription to some paid streaming services to avoid adverts, but I don't want to go down this route e.g. ITV Hub.

lostinspace

I don't have any experience of Freesat, but there are very few options now for Freeview, basically you're looking at the Humax Aura or Manhattan T3R.

Both have threads on here, but neither allow you to download a program - only record while being broadcast.

Both have Freeview Play so can go backwards seven days in the schedule but they link to the relevant player (BBC iPlayer, ITV hub etc) so you will get ads on the commercial players.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom