• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Sky Q No signal on many channels tonight

Ned Senior

Hi,
I rarely switch on my tv but in the early hours today I had a flick through the channels trying to find something of interest ( no joy haha)
Anyhoo many of the channels were breaking up and some even had a blue message at the top along the lines of "there's a problem with your satellite signal"
Its a 1tb sky Q box which was fitted in Feb this year
I wonder might it be that where he fitted the dish is getting blocked signal from the now full of leaf tree outside?????
Its a bit confusing as there are also many fully WORKING channels????

TJT1

Distinguished Member
I wonder might it be that where he fitted the dish is getting blocked signal from the now full of leaf tree outside?????
Could likely be that if the tree is between the dish and the sat.
Its a bit confusing as there are also many fully WORKING channels????
The 'tree filter' could easily be frequency/polarity selective. The switching signal to the LNB might not be doing its job thus leaving you not able to receive one frequency band/polarity.
Otherwise, it could be your dish miss-aligned or an LNB/cable fault. Has it rained a lot between when it was working and now? Water in the coax?
List some of the channels that you can get and can't get for further diagnosis, but if the problem has arisen since the tree became leafy, that would be the initial prime suspect, but also possibly the hardest to fix. (Trim the tree or move the dish)

PS. You have already tried switching it off at the wall, wait a few seconds and then switch it back on, haven't you?

Ned Senior

So due to where I live, a Saturday or Sunday was best day to come out to fix for me its chocka block with cars daytimes midweek..... bloke arrived and then another fellow and after some chattering to each other they decided to try moving the dish higher as a temporary fix as the tree prob will grow
Fitter found that the LNB was cabbaged aswell
Anyway iz fix gringo's

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom