Question Sky Q mini remote query

Alps

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Guys, When I turn on my Sky Q mini box I'm unable to change / select channels. The other buttons work fine, but in order to change channels I need to go to TV Guide / Select a channel (press right and select BBC 1) Once I'm in BBC1 I can use the numerical keys to change channels.

Do I need to change something in settings?

Figured out you have to press the return button (arrow button on middle left of remote) when you first turn the box in and are met with the home screen. Only then can you change channels.

Sky, why??????????

Pressing the Sky button takes you to your recordings. But pressing the back button works. You then change channels as you would.

I have a Harmony One+ remote so going to try and create a process. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Pressing the Sky button takes you to your recordings. But pressing the back button works. You then change channels as you would.

I have a Harmony One+ remote so going to try and create a process. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I use a Harmony One and just added a command to press the backup key as the last thing on my "Watch Sky Q" activity. :thumbsup:

Thanks mate. I did that yesterday. It works some times. Sometimes it doesn't work.

My other problem now is, as I have my AV equipment in the hall I use ir sensors and for some reason the sky q box now doesn't always turn on first time. I need to use the Help button a lot.... And sometimes a few times at once. I've adjusted bother in and out sensors but still get this issue more time than not.

Any tips on resolving this?

Ours works fine every time. It was just a case of adding the extra button press command at the end of the activity as the last thing it does each time.

I can't help with your other problem I'm afraid as all our kit is together.

Ours works fine every time. It was just a case of adding the extra button press command at the end of the activity as the last thing it does each time.

I can't help with your other problem I'm afraid as all our kit is together.
I think I’ll reprogramme the remote.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom