Sky Q mini Mr104

IsmaeelA

Novice Member
Hi
So I've had this problem for 10 days now since I've had the new box.
I keep getting the same error. Sky have sent an engineer and when he came it was all working fine and then today morning it's done that agajn.
Can anyone help or know what the problem could be.
The main is connected by Ethernet by netgear plug adapter. And the mini is connected by Ethernet.

TJT1

Distinguished Member
It would be really useful if you said exactly what your problem is.
I suspect that most people's crystal balls are a bit cloudy after last night's rain.:rotfl:

IsmaeelA

Novice Member
It would be really useful if you said exactly what your problem is.
I suspect that most people's crystal balls are a bit cloudy after last night's rain.:rotfl:
I just keep getting this error message.
I can't connect the mini box to the main box

Attachments

• IMG_5226.JPG
    IMG_5226.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,115

TJT1

Distinguished Member
Have you tried doing what it tells you to do?
Have you switched it all off 'at the wall' to give it all a 'hard' reset?

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
Can you tell if the Netgear Adaptor and its mate are working correctly?

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
Yes the main box works perfectly..
Shall I get a netgear adapter for the mini also ?

You shouldn't need to. My boxes are all connected to router by adapters but your Ethernet to mini should work perfectly. Prior to the last update my minis were connected by adapters and main by wifi to router but that became unstable despite working well for more than a year. I then got the same message as you and then put another adapter between main and router and it has worked perfectly since. There have been suggestions that the onboard powerline facility might interfere with external powerline but this is not proven. You could try disabling onboard powerline.

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
There is an inbuilt powerline facility. It's not supported by Sky but oddly now turns on automatically when the boxes boot up. I cannot remember if it can be turned off in settings menu or if you have to go deeper into the hidden engineers menu. Are you familiar with that? Also when you see the blue screen message does it ever fix itself? When that message is up on a mini can you go to the main and download programs from on demand services?

logiciel

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom