Sky Q lnb

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ditched Sky Q. Going to go Freesat as only get few channels via Freeview.
I understand the Freesat 4K boxes work regardless which lnb is on my dish?
Have two wires coming into house. Not bothered how many channels can be recorded as long as I can watch one channel and record another.

Ditched Sky Q. Going to go Freesat as only get few channels via Freeview.
I understand the Freesat 4K boxes work regardless which lnb is on my dish?
Have two wires coming into house. Not bothered how many channels can be recorded as long as I can watch one channel and record another.
Correct.
With your Q lnb you'll have more tuners capability than an older universal/legacy LNB as used on $ky+/HD+
What are the different LNB types? | Freesat explains more.

Thanks, all sorted now

Question regarding Sky Q dish please guys:

I've also ditched Sky Q (still in the one month notice period - service ends early Feb).
My dish has 2 pairs of cables. One pair to family room (currently connected to Sky Q box. The other pair to Cinema room (not connected to anything).

I connected an old Humax FreeSat box to both rooms and it worked (180 odd channels received).
I also connected one of the cables directly to family room TV (LG C9) and that also worked.

My understanding was that, at best, only one pair of cables would give me access to Freesat, assuming I had a hybrid LNB.
But both sets are working on Freesat. Is this because I still have paid access to sky until the end of this month or have I been lucky and just happen to have a Sky LNB that works on both Sky Q and Freesat?

It may be one of the EL010 Smart/Hybrid LNBs that auto switch to wideband (for Q) and universal/legacy on each of the 6 ports?
(See if you can photo the label part of your LNB for any ID markings?)

That type would explain your findings.

Sadly the current/latest freesat 4k boxes can't tell them to go into wideband mode which may be an issue at some future date.

Just taken a couple of pics and I think it does have 6 ports as you suggest.
20220119_131603.jpg
20220119_131826.jpg

Just looking into the EL010 and from what I can tell, 2 outputs are wideband for Sky Q. The other 4 outputs are for legacy installs.

However, my Sky Q box appears to be connected to a pair of legacy outputs but working fine. As per my second pic above, the two wideband ports are not connected.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom