Sky Q lnb splitting to feed freesat

jk330ci

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi.
So I have a freesat box connected to the sky q lnb feed in the lounge (sky discontinued in December). I would like to take a feed from the dish or the freesat end to feed the freesat built in to a Samsung tv in a second room. As the sky lnb is wideband how could I make this work? Is there a splitter/converter I could use at the freesat box end or would it need to be a hybrid lnb?

Hi.
So I have a freesat box connected to the sky q lnb feed in the lounge (sky discontinued in December). I would like to take a feed from the dish or the freesat end to feed the freesat built in to a Samsung tv in a second room. As the sky lnb is wideband how could I make this work? Is there a splitter/converter I could use at the freesat box end or would it need to be a hybrid lnb?

It would need to be a hybrid lnb. and you would need a 3rd cable for the TV.

It would need to be a hybrid lnb. and you would need a 3rd cable for the TV.
Yeah that’s what I thought it might be. Cable is already there actually, for some reason they ran a new cable when they installed sky q.
Are the hybrid lnb on Amazon ok?

Yeah that’s what I thought it might be. Cable is already there actually, for some reason they ran a new cable when they installed sky q.
Are the hybrid lnb on Amazon ok?

What freesat box do you have connected. ? If it;s the new 4K Arris. There are two types.

I probably should of got one with a recording facility but I suppose there’s always catch up

I probably should of got one with a recording facility but I suppose there’s always catch up

Confused why has it got twin tuners. and uses a sky-q lnb. What does having two tuners add.

Something like a Humax HB-1100S would give you recording to a usb drive and only need one cable. You could then change the lnb for a normal quad and use the other cable to feed the TV.

Don’t think it does have twin tuners. It just works directly with sky’s newer wideband lnb. I wasn’t planning on adding the second tv otherwise I’d of changed the lnb first and as you say, got a different pvr

Confused why has it got twin tuners. and uses a sky-q lnb. What does having two tuners add.

Something like a Humax HB-1100S would give you recording to a usb drive and only need one cable. You could then change the lnb for a normal quad and use the other cable to feed the TV.
It's the same hardware as the recording version, just without a drive.
It's cheaper for them to have a standard 2 tuner design than separate versions.
Plus it's simpler for wideband compatibility.

It's the same hardware as the recording version, just without a drive.
It's cheaper for them to have a standard 2 tuner design than separate versions.
Plus it's simpler for wideband compatibility.

If the hardware is there why can''t you add a hard disk ?

Who said you can't? I've not got one of the boxes any more (sent it back because of the HDR problem), but I guess someone could try.

If the motherboard has the sata power and data connections then using these and a external sata connector. It should be possible to mount a drive externally in a sata cradle. I ran a Foxsat-HDR with the drive externally mounted for a long time.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom