Sky Q install issues

JFHUK

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just cancelled Sky after fifteen years with them. I ordered Sky Q on 9th December, got an estimated install date of end January 2017. Got the date brought forward to today after phoning Sky.

I ended up receiving numerous notification emails saying we're coming to install your Sky Q 2tb box and mini box, to then find that when the guy turns up, that he's not interested. "Sorry only got time to do the 2tb box, plus I only have the new LNB not the hybrid one, which will leave you with just the main room working and I've no idea when we'll be back to finish the job!"

Talked to Sky, and to say that they had no interest is probably an understatement. Ended up being so feed up that I cancelled the lot, as the next install date was February!

Last edited:
Sounds more like the install bloke is what is commonly termed as a Derrick head[emoji10], a lazy D Head at that,

How much extra time does it take to install a mini box ***.

Mini took 10 minutes if that, plug in HDMi, plug power cable into mains, set up network, done.

Lee

Exactly, he was just totally uninterested in doing anything. The plus point is that, I've just been offered a sizeable discount to stay, which might entice me back..

How much extra time does it take to install a mini box ***.
It takes absolutely ages. That's why you pay a £99 installation charge for a mini.:facepalm::rotfl:

It takes absolutely ages. That's why you pay a £99 installation charge for a mini.:facepalm::rotfl:
How complicated can it be? It's just a box connected to another via wifi. It took 5 mins to set up the tv to stream to Netflix, Amazon and BBC iPlayer and the file server.

I have a engineer/installer coming on friday.I had Skyq fitted on the 14th reported audio problems with my samsung tv and the phone support could not have been more helpful:thumbsup: even to the point where if it shows that the 1TB box is the issue then i may get a Silver box.Either way it just shows that even a company that has complete DH's working for them they also have staff that can be helplul.

Currently Sky retentions is fighting the Sky systems to apply the subscription discount they've offered me, have to call them back tomorrow after 16:00 to see what's occurring. Then restart the Sky Q battle.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom