Sky Q in two rooms without mini box subscription

Training4all

I used to have a magic eye setup with my old Sky HD but abandoned that setup when I upgraded to Sky Q . Now Sky Q has been available for a few years. I was wondering if there was a Magic eye replacement for Sky Q that will allow Sky Q in two rooms without mini box subscription?

Tia

neilball

If your TVs all have Freeview HD tuners then you can get an HDMI modulator that converts the Sky Q HDMI output to a 1080p Freeview HD “channel” for distribution over your TV aerial distribution system. Some modulators have an HDMI pass through port (so you can connect the Q box to the modulator and your TV to the modulator pass through port), and have magic eye support too. But do check for these features if you want them, they are not standard on all such units.

Technomate TM-RF HD IR, HDMI RF Modulator with 9V IR Control and HDMI Loopthrough

dts

Distinguished Member
See if you can "Haggle" a deal for the sky Q mini box...or rather the monthly subscription that works out cheaper in the long run,and less hassle then the above reply...thats actually the main advantage of having sky Q in the first place!

Training4all

If your TVs all have Freeview HD tuners then you can get an HDMI modulator that converts the Sky Q HDMI output to a 1080p Freeview HD “channel” for distribution over your TV aerial distribution system. Some modulators have an HDMI pass through port (so you can connect the Q box to the modulator and your TV to the modulator pass through port), and have magic eye support too. But do check for these features if you want them, they are not standard on all such units.

Technomate TM-RF HD IR, HDMI RF Modulator with 9V IR Control and HDMI Loopthrough
That sounds very interesting but unfortunately the TV I want to send the signal to only has a standard freeview tuner. Could this work by adding a freeview HD box?

neilball

Any DVB-T2 capable tuner can be used to “tune” to the channel created by the modulator, so I don’t see why an outboard Freeview HD box would not work.

TJT1

Any DVB-T2 capable tuner can be used to “tune” to the channel created by the modulator, so I don’t see why an outboard Freeview HD box would not work.
Nope. Both the mods that I have used are T not T2 but they are HD.
But you still have the problem of remotely controlling the Sky box.

neilball

The Technomate listed above supports magic eye control of the remote Sky Q box (stick on emitter needed over the IR window on the Q box) as well as HDMI pass through to avoid the need for an additional HDMI splitter too.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Amazon, Disney+, Sky & NowTV Movies and TV Shows Coming in October 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom