Sky Q in Static Caravan

Phil1956

Novice Member
Hi everyone,I have for many years been taking my old Sky HD box to our static with no problems.Have just got another van and a shiny new Sky Q box.I know this is technically not allowed but is there any issues why i can't do the same with this Q box if I get a dish installed?....Thanks.

toadstool

Standard Member
Did you get this sorted if not you will be needing a duel lnb for sky q and standard sky & HD 4 outputs for freesat and 2 for sky q, you can get these from amazon and ebay £10 upwards very easy to fit plenty of how to video on YouTube good 🤣

Phil1956

Novice Member
Did you get this sorted if not you will be needing a duel lnb for sky q and standard sky & HD 4 outputs for freesat and 2 for sky q, you can get these from amazon and ebay £10 upwards very easy to fit plenty of how to video on YouTube good 🤣
Hi,thanks for your reply,no not sorted it yet as not using the caravan.It would need to be a new dish install anyway and although i fitted my last dish as i do have an AV backgound,it would probably be easier to get a installer to fit it.I just need to confirm that this Sky Q box is going to work if i bring from home and there are no added security issues since the old HD box.

logiciel

What makes you think it is not allowed?:(
Just make sure you get the right LNB and you’re done.

Phil1956

Novice Member
Hi logiciel,thanks for your reply.Maybe I'm not making myself clear here lol!Sky do not technically allow you to use a Sky Q box other than at your home,I am going to be using it at another location,my static caravan.I know there were no issues with the old HD boxes as I did it for many years,I was wondering if Sky have built any protection in to the Q box to stop it being used remotely,such as IP address changing etc...?

logiciel

I didn’t know that about Sky receivers and can’t imagine how they could enforce it - they’re not the Stasi!

I didn’t know that about Sky receivers and can’t imagine how they could enforce it - they’re not the Stasi!
Well you say that, but......... :eek:

I'm sure they would block it if they could, it's their mindset.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom