• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky Q in different toomx

glens73

Standard Member
I currently have Sky HD and I can watch it in two other rooms but obviously it has to be the same channel, so it's not multiroom. Can you do the same with Sky Q?

TJT1

Distinguished Member
Yes, but you can watch whatever you want (different) on all three boxes (If you have two minis).

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Not with only the Q box. You will need additional Sky Q Mini boxes (will allow watching other channel than main box) OR AV wireless sender and receivers (same channel) OR HDMI extenders (same channel)

huddy72

Standard Member
Anyone know the maximum number of mini boxes you can link?

Sky are doing a deal with 50% off mini boxes, but when I went to purchase, they wanted me to pay £12 a month extra for multi-room. Have Sky caught wind that the mini's are effectively multi-room without the subscription?

-Gonzo-

Distinguished Member
You can have up to 4 mini boxes but can only use 2 at a time.
The £12 is the cost of the multiscreen subscription.

Is this 50% off deal only available to those that don't already have a multiscreen subscription as I can't see any info about it on Sky.com?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom