Sky Q - IFNL Help

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dano28, Jul 28, 2018.

1. dano28

dano28
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Living in a new property (house) with this setup all up and running fine.

Currently have fibre feed into DSCR GTU and coaxial cable from that plugged directly into the Q box. I have fed the cable through the wall as the equipment is in a central cupboard with the wall backing onto where tv is (at the minute).

Thinking of changing room layout and moving tv to opposite wall, which has the duplex outlets (I think they are called) sat 1 sat 2, return, FM/DAB etc.

I understand Q only uses one cable but what I don’t understand is if I unplug the cable from the DSCR to move the Q box to the desired location, what do I do with the other end of the cable from the DSCR? I thought there would be something in the cupboard to plug it into and liven up the Sat 1/2 ports on the wall plate?

All I have in the cupboard are 10 ports labelled return one port for a telephone and one for the internet...

Regards
    Dan

2. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    If the multiplexed outlet has a TV socket then it cannot be used with Sky Q. Sky Q and terrestrial TV have overlapping and conflicting frequency ranges and that or the filtering in the plate to the outlets will not allow Sky Q to work. So replacement of wall plate and extensive rewiring of cabling would be required. You need a professional installer experienced with DSCR systems.

Note also that posts on Sky should NOT be here - read the sticky thread near the top of this forum.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  3. dano28

dano28
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks, it has sat 1 sat 2, tv, FM/DAB and return. There also another separate socket next to it that says TV...maybe for an aerial feed?

So in that case sounds like I’m f&@ked and will have to think of a way of getting the coxial through the room to that corner another way...

Out of interrest, if it did not have TV and would work, where would the cable from the DSCR that’s currently plugged into the Q box get plugged into to send the feed to it and allow me to connect from the Sat 1 to the Q box?