Sky Q hybrid self install

GMacgp

Novice Member
Hi I have received a sky q box with a hybrid LNB (6 F type connectors) that I suppose are auto sensing.
I put the LNB on my 80 cm dish and all connectors work on a HD+ box with perfect signal and quality, but when I connect two cables to sky q I dont get a signal. tried different settings on the q box (wideband and scr) still no signal. is the problem with the auto sensing on LNB or is it in sky q box ?
any advice would be welcome as I am installing it in France hence no sky help

neilball

Are you sure all 6 outputs on the LNB are the same? I thought the early hybrid LNBs had 2 x wideband outputs and 4 x “standard” outputs, so you needed to ensure Sky Q was connected to the correct outputs on the LNB.

GMacgp

Novice Member
There is no marking on the f type connectors. Line of 4 and line of two, I tried all six on the sky+ HD and they work, tried the line of 2 on sky q , no joy, I will try the others later

Bacus

Distinguished Member
There is no marking on the f type connectors. Line of 4 and line of two, I tried all six on the sky+ HD and they work, tried the line of 2 on sky q , no joy, I will try the others later
The line of 4 "F" outputs are for normal Sky box, freesat etc.
The line with only 2 "F" outputs are the wideband outputs for SkyQ.

tom 2000

The line of 4 "F" outputs are for normal Sky box, freesat etc.
The line with only 2 "F" outputs are the wideband outputs for SkyQ.
Would all 6 work with normal sky as OP reports?

rs101

Would all 6 work with normal sky as OP reports?
Only if it's one of the second version hybrid LNBs.
The very first ones were 2Q +normal, but were only available very briefly. Then they switched to a 6 universal output and last year back to a 2+4 version (there's also a 2+2 out there).

tom 2000

Then if the OP has a hybrid and if they all work on Sky + then it is a Universal x 6.

GMacgp

Novice Member
Hi
thanks for all the comments, after some time I eventually found two outputs (in the line of 4) that worked, bizarre really as the model EL010 should work for all ports, anyway happy now all is good