Sky Q/Home Plugs Question- Advice please

Carl80

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I’m think of upgrading to sky Q soon with one mini box in the other room, I currently use home plugs for the main box in my living room and have a wired connection for the other box in the other room.

Is it advised to use home plugs/ wired connection still with sky Q or the WiFi , wondering what the connection/download is like with sky Q over WiFi , I’ve always preferred a wired connection but wasn’t sure what’s best with sky Q ?

Thanks

Last edited:
In theory they all work. I used to have my main box on Wi-fi and minis on homeplugs. Something weird happened on an update that made my main drop Wi-fi so I but it on homeplugs also. One of my minis occasionally drops the homeplug and goes to Wi-fi. I’ve given up caring.

I used wired Ethernet cable to both, never had an issue.

In theory they all work. I used to have my main box on Wi-fi and minis on homeplugs. Something weird happened on an update that made my main drop Wi-fi so I but it on homeplugs also. One of my minis occasionally drops the homeplug and goes to Wi-fi. I’ve given up caring.

Thanks, I’m getting mine fitted next month, my Sky Q Hub is on the way now.

Was also wondering when you have Sky Q multiroom do you have to watch the same channel that’s on the Main box in another room on the mini, what if two people want to watch different channels? You could do that when there was a box in each room. Do you get a remote with the sky mini box ? I don’t know much about it.

You can watch what you want. And no fighting needed over a remote.

Have they ironed some of the problems out with sky Q now ? Just been searching and noticed a lot of people have problems with channels freezing and other issues.

Suppose I’ll find out for myself soon !

It’s a lot better than it was. Still needs occasional rebooting.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom