Sky Q Handshake Issue

A.I.

I’ve been experiencing an ‘overnight’ handshake issue with my Sky Q box.

Currently if I remove and then reinsert the HDMI at the rear of the sky box the connection establishes correctly. Throughout the day the handshake then performs as it should. Overnight the tv is put into standby and the handshake link is lost.

To try and resolve I have switched cables with the blue ray and switched to spare ports at the tv still with no improvement. I have checked cables for kinks.

On switch on in the morning, by taking the sky box out of standby, the tv powers up as normal. The signal is then reduced to no picture and a very broken unintelligible sound. As I said previously removing and inserting the HDMI then establishes the correction perfectly.

Do I need a new box or have I inadvertently changed a setting on the tv?

Thanks in advance.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Check low power standby isn’t enabled on the Sky Q box.
I suggest you do not hot-swap HDMI cables on equipment as that can damage them.

A.I.

Check low power standby isn’t enabled on the Sky Q box.
I suggest you do not hot-swap HDMI cables on equipment as that can damage them.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve adjusted from Eco to nil and we’ll see if that makes a difference.

A.I.

Yes sorry for the delay. Moving the setting from Eco to zero improved the situation a lot but didn’t entirely solve the problem. To move things along an engineer attended today and swapped out the box. We’ll see how that goes and this time I will feedback more promptly.

Side benefit is the new box is HDR compatible. 👍👍

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom