Sky Q - equivalent of Magic Eye required

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Stumph, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Stumph

Stumph
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

New to forum, not particularly well informed in terms of Tech...
    I have a centralised ‘Comms cupboard’ in my house that stores a 48 Port Switch, patch panels, Sonos connect Amp, Sky Box.
    Sky was/is pumped around the house using a digital modulator, and then utilising a Freevirw HD channel.
    The issue I now have is we have upgraded to Sky Q and the Magic Eyes no longer work due to lack of coax connection on the back of Sky Q box.
    I’m keen to avoid the ‘Sky’ solution of mini boxes as I have wall mounted TVs and keen to avoid the additional monthly premium.
    We have 2 blue tooth remotes ( although I’m aware only one can be synced to box) so 1 which works for the closest tv to the comms cupboard. I’m looking to get an infrared remote for the tv in the other room but the issue I have is what’s the best way to get the infrared remote working with sky q which is 20 metres away and behind several walls?
    I have cat 6 cables throughout the house, including a socket behind the tv, can I utilise this in a similar way to the magic eye or should I opt for wireless IR repeaters / receivers?
    Any help/suggestions most welcome. As I said at the beginning I’m new to this so layman’s terms please! Thanks in advance.

2. crockett

crockett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    I would use a HDMI Network extender over your cat 6 cabling, something like THIS

3. KamSandhu44

KamSandhu44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
  4. Stumph

Stumph
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Crockett, would that solution work with my Digital Modulator and HD Freeview channel set up? I.e could I use a HDMI network extender and only utilise the IR element rather than use it to send the picture?

5. KamSandhu44

KamSandhu44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Dont see why not