Sky Q dish with normal LNB?

broona

Reaction score
We had Sky Q installed a few years ago, then sent the kit back when our deal ran out.

We've just been using Freeview since then, but we're getting some work done on the chimney that the aerial is attached to, so I want to make use of the Sky dish instead.

It will be connected to my LG C9, which doesn't appear to support the wideband LNB that's currently fitted, can we just install a standard LNB on the Q dish to watch TV through? Thanks in advance.

The dish is not the Sky Q compatible part, it's the LNB which is Sky Q compatible. So yes you can fit a Sky HD or Hybrid LNB.

Thank you, I've just ordered a cheap standard Sky HD quad LNB, I'll keep the Q one in case we ever decide to sign up again. 👍

personally would install a unicable II lnb with some legacy ports, would allow you at a latter date to use a Enigma 2 receiver with 8 tuners from 1 cable and share those channels around the house

That sounds way too complicated and complete overkill for us, we only watch live TV on one screen in the living room, Netflix, Prime, Disney, etc everywhere else in the house, thank you for the input though 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom