Sky Q Communal Set-Up Question

EnglishDesi

Novice Member
Reaction score
HI There,

I would be grateful if somebody could help me, Since the 31st October I have had no sky signal to my flat and I have forwarded the diagnostic reports from the engineers to the management company. Whilst they have agreed to replace the dish and LNB and better align it.

They are now saying the equipment installed in "2018 (Labgear LMS532Q) is not Sky Q compatible"

I have attached a photo of the communal set-up, I was under the impression that the installation of the dCSS-422 (“Plug-In dSCR Adapter) by Sky made the legacy communal satellite equipment Sky Q Compatible.

The management company is being particularly difficult saying the issues I am experiencing are down to the equipment and that they need to canvass all the leaseholders to pay for the equipment upgrade. In my opinion, this is unlikely to go ahead as I am the only one in the block (of 4 flats) who has a Sky subscription.

Any advice or guidance I can go back to them with to challenge this approach would be appreciated, particularly any evidence that my equipment is Sky Q compatible given the DCSS-422.

Attachments

• labgear.jpeg
    labgear.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 91
Surely if it has been working fine with your Sky Q box up until 31st Oct it must be Q Compatible?

1. That headend is serving a lot more than 4 dwellings. 5 input 32 outs from the model number. So perhaps you are not the only $ky user on that IRS system?

2. That dSCR422 unit takes the Quattro lnb input (from the 4x brown cables on LHS that I can't see where they come from) and has 2 x 'legacy' ports and 2 x dSCR ports.

Your Q box (and even older $ky boxes) can use dSCR over one cable to support multiple tuners. The boxes need 'engineer setup' to select dSCR mode.

If your dwelling has been moved off one of those two dSCR ports it won't work...
If the Q box has somehow reset itself or otherwise changed LNB type, it won't work.

Sky Q With One Satellite Cable - Single Feed is worth reading through.

I'd suggest calling $ky to get a tech expert from there to talk to your management co IRS people? You are paying for $ky tech support as part of the subs. ;)

I'd post over on Sky's forum and hope the user called Godfrey spots your post. He seems to know an incredible amount about distribution systems, so will almost certainly be able to advise.

Rodders' advice is pretty accurate too, even if he still hasn't bought a keyboard with a working S key, despite all the money he's saved by not having Sky :)

That set up looks perfectly fine, the dcss plug in adapter uses ports off the multi switch to convert it to Q. As long a s the power levels of the switch are between 65 and 85 that will work fine if the are higher then the system would need splitting and a Dscr can be installed instead. If it’s been working fine it sounds like your ma is just trying it on and trying to make you pay for unnecessary upgrades.

I would say that the cable and screw on f connector on one of the scr ports looks pretty poor and needs remaking.

I would say that the cable and screw on f connector on one of the scr ports looks pretty poor and needs remaking.
That cable looks to have been 'stretched to reach' and certainly less than ideal.

@EnglishDesi needs to identify which cable feeds their dwelling first... but as they seem to be another 'one post and never to be seen again' wonder I suspect we may be wasting our time in responding. (OP last seen 1 minute after posting on Saturday so hasn't seen any replies).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom