Sky Q box signal problem

Reaction score
Would anyone know if you have to have a different dish set up for using a Sky Q box as to a Sky HD+.
My Sky HD+ box works fine, but got a Sky Q box and it does not receive a signal, it is only on a single LNB, have a double LNB on dish but use one each for upstairs and lounge, don't need to record programs .

How did you “get” a Sky Q box?? They belong to Sky.

How did you “get” a Sky Q box?? They belong to Sky.
Hi
Thanks for your reply, yes I think that has always been the case , I don't think you can buy them of the likes of ebay, but mine was given to by my daughter , they have moved and dont want a dish sticking on the side of the house, so they get all there tv etc through EE .
Anyway the only reason I said I would have it, is that the sound on my HD+ box is terrible .
cheers
Spike

You need a different lnb for Sky Q rather than Sky HD. Dish will be fine but you won't get a signal without the new lnb.

If your daughter has left Sky Q she will need to return the box anyway.

A Sky Q box won't improve your sound. If you have terrible sound, it's a set up problem elsewhere in your system. Sky sound is as good as from anywhere else, with the only limitation being some channels which use a highly compressed signal.

Yes, you can get quad LNBs, which have outputs for both Sky Q and Sky HD. Look for Hybrid LNBs. About £30 or so.

The Q device must be returned to its owner Sky - sorry!

Yes, the equipment belongs to Sky which, of course, is why if it goes wrong you can easily get a replacement free of charge! Plus Sky don't offer breakdown insurance on their products that you pay for as that would be totally ridiculous ...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom