Sky q box playing up again (recordings not grouped together and no thumbnails and freezing)

zAndy1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Anyone else had this issue? Last night I noticed recordings had no pictures on the boxes and weren't grouped together when there was more than 1 recording. This morning I came down to the box frozen up again needing an unplug, it's come back on but the recordings screen is still the same
20160910_095218.jpg

As you can see it hasn't grouped the American Dad recordings together and there are no thumbnails. Getting fed up of this bloody box tbh

This has happened to me also (minus the freeze) yesterday and this morning. I was just about to post a thread about it.

(Can I suggest you change the thread title so it's clear what the problem is as others may have it too?)

Rang sky and they told me there was a firmware update due this coming week to hopefully fix the freezing problems and as for the thumbnails etc they suggested resetting the router then the box and see if that sorts it out which I'll try later. Lets hope the forthcoming firmware update does fix the freezing problems...

I have the same issue. Only started yesterday. On mini and silver. Rebooted both and same thing. You can't use the Netflix style to play next recording.

Anyone any ideas how to fix?

Was just about to post about this also, mine started yesterday but very much the same, no thumbnails on new recordings plus they are not bunching together so are all over the place, not tried a reset as yet but doesn't sound like that'll work anyway.

Wonder why a lot of people are affected by this without doing a software update, seems very odd

Well, mine went back to normal yesterday. Well, the thumbnails are back anyway - I didn't have any series link recordings yesterday. It does appear to have happened before - one film I recorded when I was on holiday has no thumbnail.

Work up this morning and the main is back to normal now. It's strange

This use to happen now and again before the Q002 update but the missing thumbnails usually appeared within a week or so. My box only had issues this time with some programmes recorded on the 9th and 10th Sept, everything recorded yesterday is OK.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom