Sky Q awful picture quality on sports

Newcastlelad

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if someone could help. I recently bought a brand new Sony 4K TV and I'm having huge problems with Sky Q picture quality. I have tried motion settings changes on the TV but nothing works.
While watching sports in HD the picture quality is awful. With football I see a blurry pixel outline around each player on the normal football camera side on view of the pitch and the grass blurs and moves. If it changes to a close up camera for a replay the quality is fine its just anything at distance is awful. Its the same with golf each players clubs shaft has a blurry outline around it and the grass looks awful and its the same with F1 the grass is awful and the track shimmers and moves.

If I watch them in 4K its a lot better but still in F1 I get the track and grass movement.
I have tried changing resolution but its no different.

Is this normal with the newer models of 4K TV's or something else. Thanks for any help.

Sounds like you have sharpness too high? What other picture processing have you got engaged. On my Panasonic I turn off all picture processing and sharpness is set to 0 and the HD picture is great. Also, check your motion settings.

As suggested, sounds like settings issues on the TV .
You say Sony, so have a look here Sony TVs Forum
One of the threads should have settings suggestions for your TV. That's a good place to start

I have s a90j. Got it calibrated and 99% of issues were fixed. Watching footie on itv on sky q in HD is poor quality I'm afraid

Hi Kev thanks for the info. I came from a pretty old model 4K TV which was fine for HD on Sky Q with itv and such but I'm not sure why the newer TV's struggle so much.

I have s a90j. Got it calibrated and 99% of issues were fixed. Watching footie on itv on sky q in HD is poor quality I'm afraid
Wow! so even on a calibrated A90J OLED, the footie in HD on Sky is still bang average? I've just purchased the X95J and it's not great on that either. Makes you wonder how they can charge people extra to add HD to their subscription!

Wow! so even on a calibrated A90J OLED, the footie in HD on Sky is still bang average? I've just purchased the X95J and it's not great on that either. Makes you wonder how they can charge people extra to add HD to their subscription!
Itv hd football feed is poor.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom