Sky Q and Sky Protect - clarity needed

biagio1

Standard Member
Have now had Sky Q installed so should I cancel my Sky Protect ?. I understand the boxes (2 tb + mini) are now covered as they are owned by Sky but what about dish and cables. Let's forget for now that the TV is covered by the policy.

logiciel

Sky Protect was always a waste of money.
Bin it.

logiciel

:thumbsup:

TJT1

Why would you ever have Sky Protect?

Does Sky Protect (from Legal and General) cover accidental damage , fire, theft etc which wouldn't be covered by Sky's own system. Better check your home insurance for rented contents you do not own.

Note also Sky Protect gives an installer visit within 24 hrs not the usual 2 to 3 days for a Sky installer visit. So it does give you somethings that Sky alone doesn't but is it worth the price for those - I don't know but certainly don't have it myself.

Last edited:

TJT1

Does Sky Protect (from Legal and General) cover accidental damage , fire, theft etc which wouldn't be covered by Sky's own system.
That would likely be covered by your household contents insurance (if you have any) wouldn't it.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom