Sky Q and Sky Go Extra?

waveydavey13

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had Sky Go Extra via the VIP freebie so as to have access to more than two devices, (My phone and tablet, My mrs' tablet and my son's tablet). My Sky Q was installed earlier this week at which point my Sky Go Extra disappeared from my account and I have also received an e-mail saying if I want to keep Sky Go Extra I'll have to pay for it.

is this right? Do you lose Sky Go Extra if you upgrade to Sky Q?

I know there is the Sky Q app but I thought that was more for watching live TV at home and your recordings at home and away from home rather than watching live TV away from home.

Or does the Sky Q app provide everything that Sky Go Extra does regarding live TV away from home on more than 2 devices?

No that’s not correct, if you have Sky Go Extra free via Sky VIP you should still get this free even if you upgrade to Sky Q. You also get this free if you have multiscreen.

The Sky Q will provide the same function as the Sky Go app when not at home, so this is the only app you need.

As above, you should / will still have Sky Go Extra free as a VIP, this will give you 4 device slots.

The Sky Q app can only be registered on 2 mobile devices, only 1 if you have the 1tb Q box, maybe better for inside the house.

Sky go can be registered on 4 devices, tho used on only 2 at the same time, maybe better for outside the house.

The same mobile device can have Sky Q and Sky Go on it, and only use up 1 slot.

You also need Q Multi Screen for full use of the Q app, just to make it less confusing :D

So I need to get in touch with sky then?

Am I right in thinking you guys kept sky go extra when moving from Sky+ to Sky Q?

Ok... Just did a bit of a trawl through the My Sky app and then went through to the help pages on sky.com and came across the info in the image pasted below.....

So it would appear that the Sky Q app now mirrors what Sky Go Extra used to give with four devices able to be added so it possibly looks like problem solved???

444F8719-1A27-4937-A685-7C81373BB3F3.png

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom