• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky Q and older Onkyo receivers

Alps

Prominent Member
Hi guys,

I'm considering Sky Q but before jumping ship, I need a bit of help please.

I have an Onkyo TX NR 3010 receiver which is connected to my TV via an HD BaseT device as all my equipment is situated under the stairs in the hallway.

My first question is, would Sky Q be compatible with my Onkyo 3010? Secondly, if it is compatible, will it be compatible with my HDBase T HDCP 2.2 HDBaseT™ Extender Set - 70m 4K up to 40m Bi-directional IR Bi-directional PoH PoE

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I feel you have two or three questions in here. The Amp you have is is not on Onkyo's listed products with HDCP 2.2. So I'm guessing for 4K this may cause you your first hurdle.

Onkyo | HDCP 2.2

It would be interesting to hear if HDCP 2.2 HDBaseT works up 40m with 4K. But again, your amp isn't HDCP 2.2 again, you need to get over hurdle one

SkyQ on the other hand seems to be a little bit of a lottery at the moment with it working on not, I hear from people I know that some boxes are fantastic, yet others are a nightmare.

Have a read through these links and see what others are saying, you may find ways that others have managed to get systems similar to your to work :).

skyq | AVForums

Regards, Shane.

Alps

Prominent Member
Haha! great reply Shane. I was great at hurdles when I was at school. But now I'm 25 years older so doubt I'll be able to overcome the 3010 hurdle.

I'm going to have to somehow justify a new AVR... and 4k TV... and new blu ray player! This is beginning to look like a 40m high hurdle ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom