Sky Q and Netflix

jedi1138

Novice Member
Hi,

We had an ordinary Netflix account paid separately but when we got a Sky Q box, we transferred the payment through to Sky.

We have just bought a 4K TV and would like to watch Netflix in UHD, but we don’t want to upgrade the Sky subscription to UHD as it’s an extra 11 monthly. I’d prefer to use the native app on the TV. We already have Amazon/Disney so happy with the 4K films there and HD on standard Sky programs for now.

We obviously don’t mind paying for the premium Netflix content, but paying Sky an extra 11 monthly seems a bit steep when were already paying for the basic.
Thanks

jedi1138

Novice Member
So what exactly are you asking?
Do I start another subscription for premium Netflix with Netflix, or can I just pay them the difference as I’m already paying for standard Netflix through Sky? The Sky payment model is asking for another £11 a month, amd we don’t particularly want Sky UHD, just the Netflix stuff.

Basically, what is the cheapest way of watching 4k Netflix through the TV app bearing in mind we’re already paying for the basic through Sky?

teeveedee

Do I start another subscription for premium Netflix with Netflix, or can I just pay them the difference as I’m already paying for standard Netflix through Sky? The Sky payment model is asking for another £11 a month, amd we don’t particularly want Sky UHD, just the Netflix stuff.

Basically, what is the cheapest way of watching 4k Netflix through the TV app bearing in mind we’re already paying for the basic through Sky?
As above - phone Sky and ask what they can do. I pay £5 for Netflix Premium via Sky which gives me full UHD with Dolby Vision via the TV app and my Apple TV 4K box. The Netflix discount is easily the best thing about my Sky Q subscription...

jedi1138

Novice Member
Phone Sky and ask, you never know, they may offer you a deal.
Cheers, I did that, just wondered if there was an obvious solution.
They‘ve given us the Sky UHD addon for 4 months free, and then it’s £7 a month extra which is ok.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom