Sky Q and my Phillips TV

elpachio

Novice Member
I need help!!!
I have a 15-year-old Phillips 37PF5520D/10 and with Sky HD+ I had it connected via the DV port at the back of the TV via an HDMI connector into the Sky Box, and audio came through a Scart-to-scart connection.

I've upgraded today to Sky Q and the engineer told me he cannot connect to my TV as it must have an HDMI connection.
I've managed to get the picture working simply using the old DV connector to HDMI in the Sky Q box, but I have no audio, and no way of connecting the old audio scart leads.........any ideas??? Is there another way of getting the audio to work?

Thank you

Prime Time

You will likely need to buy additional products to get the audio to work on your TV.
An HDMI audio extractor should be able to do what you require.
These are available from Amazon and should cost between £10-£30. They have an HDMI input and an HDMI output along with additional audio outputs.

You would have a standard HDMI lead going into the HDMI audio stereo extractor from the Sky Q Box.

You would have your HDMI-DVI lead going from the HDMI output of the HDMI audio stereo extractor to the DVI input socket of your TV.

You would then have the RCA audio leads going out from the HDMI audio extractor to the scart input of your TV.

Amazon product
Amazon product

Attachments

• HDMI Audio extractor.jpg
    HDMI Audio extractor.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 13

elpachio

Novice Member
Thank you. So you think that I could run a DVI to HDMI cable from my TV to this "HDMI audio extractor" and then HDMI to HDMI on the Sky Q box........and then I wouldn't need to use the Optical output on the Sky Q box, just run a cable from my DVI audio port on the TV to the audio extractor device? And so the sound would also come from the HDMI lead from the Sky Q box?

So basically one of these:
Amazon product
Thank you

Prime Time

That's it exactly.

The other way that you could do it would be with a DAC (Digital to Analogue Convertor).

Amazon product
You would have the optical lead from the SkyQ box going into the DAC and then the RCA output of the DAC going into the DVI audio input on the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom