Sky q and hardwiring

aerodynamic18

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have sky q with 2 mini boxes and finally yesterday got a 4K ultra hd tv. All connected up and showing amazing picture but I have noticed since I have done this the two mini boxes are struggling with signal. I plan to run network leads to the attic from the 3 boxes and 1 from the router and buy this to connect them all. Will this be ok?
Deal: NETGEAR 8 Port Gigabit Network Switch (GS308) -Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet Splitter, Plug-and-Play, Silent Operation, Desktop or Wall Mount Amazon product ASIN B07PWHGQSS

can't see a problem with it - I have all my sky boxes hard wired, granted they are in a separate vlan as they were quite chatty on the network, but all boxes connected to the switch, then the switch to the router to get to internet should be fine

Great guys thanks. Appreciate it :)

Sounds a bit odd that replacing your TV has affected the WiFi signal to your Sky Q Minis? Have you tried moving your Main Sky Q box to a different location?

If you are running ethernet, then I can recommend the Time Cat6 cable from ScrewFix which is solid copper rather than the inferior (Google it) copper-coated-aluminum (CCA) which most of the sellers on Amazon are offering for a similar price!

You could use stranded ethernet cable, but that doesn't perform as well over long distances and is more prone to breaking during installation than solid copper core.

I have now moved the main box but no real difference tbh since I gained a tv I also gained a mini box so went from 1 to 2. Weirdly Netflix seems ok but normal tv glitches. I am happy to fit the cables to remove any issues

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom