Sky+ Pure Hilarity - What to do?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by schnipps, Sep 22, 2005.

1. schnipps

schnipps
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky installed on tuesday night and only bbc1, 2 and sky news work. The rest say "call to upgrade your package" and none of the Sky+ functionality works either.

2 hours later still no channels, after 3 calls to CS im told that they should be on in 24 hours as there is a problem with my viewing card not paring up to my account details.

After about 3 hours in total on the phone to sky since tuesday at 4pm still no channels. Im now told my problem is with technical but they are very very busy so it could take an unknown amount of time to get this sorted, possibly "WEEKS"!!!!

I have now spoken to Customer care this morning of which i got the number from a different forum. I had to lie to the operator for her to put me through. After speaking to a bloke called Bob for 10 mins he tells me they will try and send some signals today. But of course they are no guarantees with this...

If its still not on tonight when i get home of which im sure,,,What do i do...

2. Jules1975

Jules1975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are still within the 14 days cooling off period. Phone them and tell them that if they don't get it working properly today, you are cancelling the agreement.

Hopefully that should force them into action. If it doesn't then just cancel and sign up again as a new customer.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I wouldn't cancel quite yet - give them a few days to sort it. If you are without Sky for too long, push them for a free month's viewing, but do that after it's sorted.