1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky > Projector Help

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Lemmy, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Lemmy

Lemmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys this is my first post on here so please go easy on me if I'm in the wrong place.

My problem is with connecting my Sky Digibox (Panasonic TU-DSB30) to a Digital projector.
    At the moment the only way I have connected the two is by using a £5 Scart > S-Video/Composite adaptor (with in/out option) using the RGB enabled Scart 1 of the Digibox. Unfortunatley the only colour picture I can get on the projector is by connecting the Yellow COMPOSITE which I'm sure your aware is far from ideal PQ.
    If I use the S-Video ouput and connect that way, I do receive a picture on the projector but it's Black & White and mottled, I believe thats because the Digibox has no native support in the options for S-video output.

So can any of you guys perhaps a way of getting the RGB out of the digi scart into the projector in a cost effective way, or some other way of improving the PQ. Surely it can't really be THAT hard (I'm hoping I'm missing the obvious). The projector is around 7 meters of cabling away.
    I've already got the PC Connected using DVI and the DVD connected using S-video with no probs and am happy with the PQ for those.

Cheers
    Ian

Specs:
    Digibox - - - 2 Scarts (RGB on 1)
    Projector - - - RGB (RCA Component) , DVI , VGA , S-Video , Composite.
    DVD - - - Scart, RGB (RCA Component) , Composite.

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    What projector have you got

3. Lemmy

Lemmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The projector is a Vivitar DP-1500 which so far I'm happy enough with and has all the inputs you could ask for .. still can't get a decent PQ from the Sky box though :mad:

4. lonestar

lonestar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    one possible solution is to use a scart cable from the digibox into one of these and then take a component cable from the convertor box to your projector, assuming your projector can take component input. it will mean spending some cash which might be not be appealing.

5. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,114
    The JS Technology one's are considered the best, however if cost is an option there is also this one that some people have used with good results.

6. Lemmy

Lemmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks guys ... I'll look into one of these options....

Just one thing thought does S-Video give a noticeable improvement on composite .
    I ask this as perhaps the cheaper S-Video box might just be enough for me as I'll only be using it for Sky, which as most of you have written about doesnt give a very high quality output anyway.

7. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,114
    Svideo gives a much improved picture over composite. The picture offered by Sky can be quite bad at times so why exacerbate it, I'd go with svideo as a pure minimum :)

8. robbo24.

robbo24.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you could buy a secondhand grundig digibox with S video output.