Sky+ Programs Running Late

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Drewnet, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Drewnet

Drewnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I`ve just recorded a program via Sky+ and noticed that the channel was running about 5 mins late.
    I decided not to risk losing the end of the programme and also recorded it via my vcr.
    As I suspected about 5 mins before the end, the box stopped recording and I felt a sigh of relief that I had used my vcr.

I would have thought that the box would have been updated so that it would record untill the end (one of the reasons for paying an extra £10 a month) but I guess this is upto the channel involved. :( Any Thoughts?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    It is the responsibility of the channel to update the EPG in real time to allow for over running programs.

Unlike TIVO who have a staff who's responsibilty is to compile and update TV listings (hence the £10 sub) SKY just take the cash and expect individual channels to do the updating themselves.
    What channel was it btw, ITV1?

3. Drewnet

Drewnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, It was.

No trouble so far with the others.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    The cynic in me would suggest ITV1 allows it's programs to over run to spoil the start times of rival channels:)