1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky probs

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by nigelcraft, Jul 8, 2002.

1. nigelcraft

nigelcraft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i cant get some of my channels to work on my sky digital,a selection of channels which used to work fine ie the box ,smash hits etc now wont work and say not recieving signal,have tried the reset thing by turning off sky at plug removing card and switching back on and all that stuff but it still wont work ,ive got a grundig model which ive had since sky digital came about,i cant afford an engineer and while the channels i cant get are not that important , some i used to like watching and it really irritates the hell out of me,any got any idea what to do? or am i buggered:confused: :confused:

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think your dish may have gone out of alignment. I say this because the music channels are the weakest of all the channels, and are thus the first to go when your signal degrades. :(

3. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Not that I would know (as I have yet to have sky installed (2 weeks to go and then Mr Murdoch will have me in his clutches). but Lex might. Maplins sell a satellite signal thingy for a reasonable amount (£40). Would it not be a worthwhile investment to buy one and align it yourself. It would pay for itself after one alignment. I cant believe that it is that skillful a job as I dont recall satellite installation being on offer as a subject at school or college.:D

4. gges

gges

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What make is your receiver?

5. nigelcraft

nigelcraft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its a grundig

6. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    check the sat lead at the back of receiver, it may have come loose and if u can check lead into LNB, or do u have any major kinks in the cable that were not there before.

gbmitie

7. qfk123

qfk123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    OMG

thats happened to me a few times, certain channels namely ITV, Disney and few of the music channels stop working ie, can select them but blue screen and banner , after few moments it say no sat signal being recieved, i just checked em now and there working fine, but its happened on and off ,

8. nigelcraft

nigelcraft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    various channels still off all the time,have given up now and resigned myself to the fact that im stuck with the problem as i cant afford to spend money on getting it fixed ,luckily the main channels are ok,have done check after reset after check ,fed up with it now so im now officially giving up

9. Paul G

Paul G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  10. Kentish

Kentish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar problem.
    The guy who installed my set up came back,and had to replace the LMB on the dish.He has had a batch lately like that apparently,but Sky dont want to know.

Cheers