sky probs still

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by nigelcraft, Aug 11, 2002.

1. nigelcraft

nigelcraft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i still cant get half the channels on my sky digital to work because of no signal etc (tryed the usual reset etc) ,and every new one that seems to appear wont work either (ie avago etc),even though all the main channels work that i pay for (sky one,sky movies etc),i do like some of the other channels, for example i used to like watching the box or game network but over time im getting less and less of these channels to work and am worried that they will all stop eventually i have'nt phoned sky yet as they are normally very unhelpful but just wondered if there is anything i could try,the signal on the signal test page is about normal,and does anyone know how much it would cost to get sky out

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Is there anyother service/product that you would let get away with only supplying you with half of what you pay for?

Of course not!
    Treat SKY just like any other service, if it's under warranty then it'll cost you nothing. If it's out of warranty then there is a standard £60 call out which will cover all the cost of repairing or replacing the dish/LNB/cable and digibox, whatever is needed to get you working again.
    If any of the CS people give you hassle then get their employee number and either demand to talk to his/her supervisor or get put through to the cancellation department.
    They will not let you cancel if your reason is faulty hardware, they will do everything they can to fix any problems rather then you cancel.

If you are losing channels then it's more likely to be a hardware problem.....Dish is out of alignment, LNB is having trouble switching between high and low bands or vertical/horizontal polarity. It could very well be the digibox tuner which is failing and it is getting worse with time.
    Give them a ring, while you are subscribing they have an obligation to make sure you can receicve the product, out of warranty they still should be doing everything within their power to keep subscribers happy.

3. nigelcraft

nigelcraft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok will give them a ring,thanks for your help

4. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,969
    I had a problem were I couldn't receive some of the newer channels that were coming on line so I phoned Sky. They sent out an engineer free of charge and he fitted a new lnb free of charge. The whole system was out of warranty by quite a while and Sky didn't install it in the 1st place - it was done by an independent installer.
    I was amazed - maybe they knew that I'd just changed over to NTL for my phone and cable internet and wanted to make sure I didn't go to them for my TV ?