1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Steve170, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Steve170

Steve170

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Been having problems with my Sky Digital for a couple of months now and it's been getting worse. 90% of the time I get the 'No satellite signal being received' screen. It doesn't cure it by disconnecting the power etc and I've tried turning the LNB power off and on in the installer setup menu, as suggested on the Sky website.

Every now and again, it will just start working again. When it does, the picture is fine but usually I can only pick up certain channels. I borrowed a mate's old digibox and exactly the same happens, so doesn't look like it's the box.

So I'm now thinking it's either the cabling or LNB? All the cabling looks fine, so rather than the cost/hassle of calling Sky out, I'm tempted to buy a new LNB from simplydigital. How easy is it to change the LNB and does this sound like it could be the cause?

Cheers,
    Steve.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Sounds like it could be the LNB. Not too difficult to change, as long as you can cope with rusted-in screws and bolts. You will also need some self-amalgamating tape to waterproof the new connection.

3. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

To replace a standard LNB is a simple case of removing a plastic plug, sliding out the old one and sliding in the new one and then inserting the plastic plug again. Don't know where the rusted-in screws and bolts come into the picture?