Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky+ problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Steveford77, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Steveford77

Steveford77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

My sky+ is knackered! Picture keeps freezing, very jerky and mostly unwatchable. The Sky help desk want me to reformat hard disk, which i will do when I have archived some old stuff - its only new recordings that don't work. If I still have the problem after format is it likely to be a hard disk problem? In which it'll be cheaper to replace hard drive than call out engineers.

Any views?

Thanks

Steve

2. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Almost certainly an HDD problem I'd say, and yes you're right, it will be more cost effective to plug in a new (& bigger) drive.

3. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    mine did exactly the same thing it was the hard disk. i put in anew bigger one my self as the warrenty had expired. i put in a 160gig one £55 problem solved. runs as smooth as you like no problems also i now have a huge recording capacity the box is also quieter now than with the original harddrive.

now i realise i should have done it ages ago

4. NC11

NC11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've upgraded my box to a Maxtor 5A250J0 250GB about 2 months ago. All was working well , and I filled more than 20% of the capacity with recordings.

Since last week I'm having a nightmare with new recordings! :mad:

Although it seems to record , when I'm trying to watch it , the picture freezes after 30 seconds and will not continue. On some recordings it will play another 30 secinds and freeze again , on some it wont do anything.

Not sure what to do now , as I dont want to lose all my recordings! :confused:

Any suggestions?