1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky + problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by xa200, Dec 29, 2003.

1. xa200

xa200

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have had sky + for over a year now and over the last month have started experiencing problems with it. I have tried to watch some progmas i have prerecorded but the picture freezes half way through and i can not go past this point. The time index states that it is 17 minutes although it is at least half an hour, and no matter what time i try to start it at it always starts at 17 minutes. Most of the programs i have recorded over the last month have also exhibited this problem. Has anyone else experienced these probems and if so what is the solution, as Sky + has now become useless for me as i can not rely on it completly playing back recorded programs.

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
  3. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Several people have had this problem and it's due to the latest firmware update from Sky to enable the dual recording feature.

I thought my problem was due to the fact that I had installed a larger hard drive but it seems that it has also affected standard machines.

Its not a big problem - except that anything you have record is now not viewable. If you go into the hidden installation menu you can re-initialise your hard drive and everything should be fine then.

To access the menu press the 'services' button on your remote and select option 4 system setup. Then you have to press '0' followed by '1' followed by 'select'. The from this hidden menu select 'new installation'. The screen shows that the system is performing house keeping.

You will loose any programmes you had recorded but all should now work fine.

Cheers, Lee

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh how I wish that were true!

Still you may be lucky. You may also wish to do a forced download after you've run the Housekeeping and before you record anything.

Dave