Sky + Problems - compensation?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by PaulD76, May 2, 2007.

1. PaulD76

PaulD76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hey Guys

This Anytime screwing up Sky+ is pretty shocking and I wonder if I can ask for compensation.

Firstly, I should say I love Sky and think its a good service, I am not purely bashing SKY for the sake of it. I have been a subscriber for at least 5 years and never had a problem (well other than the 18 months cycle of dying boxes!!).

Any Sky+ died on Sat at around 11am. It was confirmed to have been caused by the Anytime download. I eventually got a new box today but now its not working and sky cannot figure out why it will not accept my viewing card! Get an error stating "the wrong card for this setp top box".

Since Sat at 11am ive missed 4 Prem games (5 if u include the double games on sat) and this includes the Euro Semi Final Man U game. Ive also lost all of my recorded films and docs. Ive spent 30 mins on the phone for 3 calls. Each time sky reps have been pretty helpful but still... And its still not fixed. I have to call back tomorrow... not sure why they cant call me....?

Again, I am a fan of SKY but on this occasion its been dealt with pretty poorly..

Anyone else in the same boat ? GGRR. :mad:

2. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    your gonna seek compensation just because you've missed some telly:confused:

3. PaulD76

PaulD76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hello

As I stated before, I really enjoy SKY TV and I do realize it is only tv and not that big a deal...

However, I brought SKY for the football & sport. I pay for a service and when its interupted due to a SKY iniative which they openly admit too, it seems reasonable to me. This resulted in my saved films being deleted, and missing 4 premiership games and 1 euro league semi final game, plus 5 days of non sky, then yes, its pretty bad and I would expect compensation. I really dont think thats a bad approach from myself. Sky give nothing to me for free and charge 6 quid for PREM PLUS games. So obviously they feel there is a value to their products. The lady on the SKY customer services said she felt I was entitled to some compensation, so yes. i will ask for compensation. If you dont ask, you dont get :)

Whats the difference between 5 days (so far) and 5 weeks. its a loss of serivce thru no fault of my own.

Plus I am in a good position, I am quite happy to leave SKY for various reason.

4. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,898
    I can't see why you shouldn't get something back.
    I always email [email protected] with my complaints and always get a reply.I've had all sorts of problems with my skyhd box over the last 12 month with me having the engineers out 7 times.Sky refunded me my £299 i paid from the box and £100 compensation.

5. stockyvillage

stockyvillage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    You are entitled to something back.Sky are not providing the service that you subscribed too.

6. PaulD76

PaulD76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the responses.

One thing that does frustrate me is that they asked me to call them back :mad: , surely they would call me back to give an update or tell me its fixed.

I really enjoy my SKY TV and the Plus is a bonus, but i will pursue this. Even if I end up cancelling, at least i didnt just quit. Also with the football ending for the summer, and with record breaking weather, Sky isnt a priority at the mo :)