Sky + Problems and engineers

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by knaggsy, Jun 10, 2004.

1. knaggsy

knaggsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Sky+ v2 box with the latest software and I have had so many problems I am on my 5th sky+ box each time the box has had to be replaced for a different problem sometimes it is a recording issue sometimes the box won't turn on, the engineer came out to me this morning and said I was being over sensitive. That may be so but the problem I have is the moment is that the picture freezes and I have to change channel to get the picture back. I have to reset the box almost every day when the box freezes either during playback or after playback and I can get the remote control to work, I can't even turn the box on and sometimes after resetting the box won't turn on and and also sometimes the epg is incredibly slow like a very old pc with a 56k modem. The engineer ran a system update which didn't finish and he rest the box and did a new install. Do you think I am being over sensitive or was he just passing the buck and just going through the motions. I am sick of problems with the sky+ and I just want it to work without all these hassles.

Whats does everyone think. Any help you could give me would be really appreciated.

2. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,981
    No I don't think you are being over sensitive. You are entitled to a system that doesn't have to be reset every day !
    Sky engineers will always try and lay the blame elsewhere. I remember when I 1st had analogue sky installed many years ago, when I complained about the teletext being all broken up and unreadable, he answered "it's bound to be like that mate as the signal has to travel so far to get here". You can imagine my response to that !

3. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    There was a thread the other day about failed Top Gear recording. It is not good if + doesn't work. However it doesn't seem to be a problem with a particular box, but a 'system failure'. As I say not good, but I think there has to be a degree of acceptance that this is a relatively new technology. - A degree but as Sky are still taking our money & have taken your £200. If the above is your sort of problem & the cause of your woes, then perhaps you are too sensitive. From what you've said though, this is not the case. It should work without problems & as a customer you should expect & get no less. For what it's worth, my + has been replaced once (ce la vie) but has otherwise been ok. I believe the replacement's been ok though because I upgraded the HDD & removed one problem, the Maxtor HDD that was sooooooo hot.